Saturday, August 25, 2012

Happy Birthday Nicolle!


8"
This cake is for a sweet lady that wanted a corset cake and left all of the details up to me. =) I chose purple and pink because they are 2 of my favorite colors. I've been experimenting with taller tiers. You can't tell from the picture, but this cake is 6" tall. It kinda looks like just a 6" round because of the height. Haha Actually, I made a quick little collage of the 4 cakes that I made this weekend and you can't really tell at all that the tiers are all different heights. They all pretty much look the same!
Oh well...in person, you can see the difference. If the 4 cakes were photographed in 1 picture together, you'd definitely notice! All of the cakes except for the purple/black damask cake have 3 layers of cake and 2 layers of filling. The damask cake just has 2 layers of cake and 1 layer of filling. Nicolle's corset cake is 6" tall and Ilianna & Wilson's cakes have tiers that are roughly 5" tall. The damask cake has tiers that are about 3.5-4" tall. This doesn't really seem like a big deal...the cakes are still cute and fun even with shorter tiers! I just really like them a little taller. =)

No comments: